It's been a busy couple of days at the Licensing Expo
in Las Vegas. Yesterday we learned that Power Rangers Megaforce
would be an adaption of Super Sentai Goseiger
, which has sparked quite a bit of contraversy around the Power Rangers
fan community - speculation and expectation had a majority of people thinking that the 35th Anniversary Super Sentai Gokaiger
would be adapted for the 20th Anniversary of Power Rangers. The latter series involved a form of spandex heroes who had the ability to morph in to previous Rangers to battle an evil empire intent on taking over the Earth.
The folks at RangerCrew
are in attendance at the Licensing Expo and had a chance to sit down and talk with Saban Brands about a number of things. We've summarized them below. Check out the RangerCrew link for their write-up.
- Power Rangers Megaforce to span 22 episodes including holiday specials
- Saban and Bandai to be in attendance at Power Morphicon, including the cast of Power Rangers Super Samurai
- Saban planning big 20th Anniversary celebration at San Diego Comic Con, including the teaser trailer for Power Rangers Megaforce
- Power Rangers to begin airing 1-2 episodes every Saturday this fall on 4Kids TV, which is in the process of being purchased by Saban Brands
- Saban plans to interact directly with longtime Internet forum fans of Power Rangers with a number of events to be announced later
There are more updates to come, including more information on Power Rangers Megaforce
! Stay tuned!
Want updates on the go? Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter @tokunation!