|02-10-2017, 05:41 PM||#11|
The Guy with the Voices
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Visalia, CA
The Scream Man Interview:
1. When did you first get into the Toku Community?
- Around 2011. OOO's was in the middle of its run, but Fourze was the first Rider show I watched from Episode 1.
2. How long have you been customizing?
- Extensively since the early 2000's, but it was only once KR Drive came out that I started on Tokusatsu customizing. I decided that having De-Henshined Riders was a must have for my collection, and started figuring out how to make it.
3. What was the first custom you did and was it for yourself or for a customer?
- My first Tokusatsu custom was Shinnosuke Tomari from Kamen Rider Drive. It was for me, until very recently I had never done a custom for anyone but me.
4. What materials and methods do you use when customizing?
- I use Figmas as the base figure. I paint using citadel paints, and seal with a mix of clear nail polish (Which gives a glossy coat), or Aqueous H20 for a dull coat. I use Citadel paints for the colours, and Green Stuff for sculpting. I like to keep things as simple as possible, so I try and take figures that are similar to what I want and combine them in different ways to make it work. The fewer changes i need to make, the less chance of paint rub or other problems.
5. How much do you enjoy customizing?
- Well, I'd prefer it if they made real toys that wee the way I wanted them, but i dont mind tweaking things to make it work the way I'd like them too. It's fun to do my own work, but it's not cheap!
6. What is your favorite piece you've made?
- Takeru Tenkuji and Makoto Fukami from Kamen Rider Ghost both came out extremely well. Chase is the one who seems to have gotten the most attention though. he was a pretty simple job, though i wish I could have gotten the chains across the front of his jacket a little finer.
7. What is your least favorite piece you made?
- Ugh, Kagami Arata from Kamen Rider Kabuto. I don't know why, but no matter what I do the jacket is always tacky and sticky. I have tried different paints and layers and tricks; nothing works! I've added so many layers the colour on the jacket is now basically indistinct from the rest of it! At some stage I'll have to take another shot at the character.
8. Biggest customizing job you've had/most tedious to make custom?
- Well other than the never ending battle to have Kagami not be tacky and sticky (Which is also a problem on the vest for Kouta Kazuraba from Gaim) Takeru from Ghost was pretty hard. It took ages to figure out how i was going to make his loose over shirt; eventually SH Figuarts helped me out by making Luke Skywalker from Star Wars! Thn i had to take out the head and neck jints, and then shave off a lot of the belt. I sculpted lower pants over Lukes boots, and added sculpt to the belt to look more like Takerus, then inserted a neck and head from a Figma figure into the socket, securing it with green stuff. Then the painting began, and Takeru has these super intricate patterns on his jacket. I picked one that seemed relatively simple to copy and went ahead, but it was about a day of VERY small work to get it to look right.
9. I've noticed your social media depicts several works in progress. Any that we're gonna see real soon?
- I just finished Emu Hojo from Kamen Rider Ex-Aid, because the recipe came to me very quickly. Ive ever beaten the Figuart of the Rider out! I won't show him off till his SHF is out though. Then there is a base Figma coming in March that I think will let me make Philip from kamen Rider W if I can figure out how to make his vest/jacket thing. I have loose plans for a Alain from Ghost, Hiiro and Taiga from Ex-Aid and I want to do Shouichi from Agito and Takumi from Faiz if the right parts come to me.
10. Any advice for fellow Customizers?
- Pick your parts carefully, and decide what it is you want to achieve. Do you want to get the essence of a character, or a photo realistic portrait? If just the essence; what can you do to make the character identifiable at a glance? And how do you do it with as few changes to the base figure as possible; The more original parts and colours you can use, the less paint rub issues you'll have.
My signature disappeared. Help.
|TokuNation News & Rumors|
|Tamashii Nations 2017 Reveals Discussion- Zombie Gamer, LVL5 Lazer, Para-DX & More!|
|Saban Brands files new trademarks - Beetleborgs, VR Troopers|
|Daizyujin/Megazord Joins Super Robot Wars Omega|
|Complete Selection Modifciation Den-O Belt and K-Taros Teased|
|S.I.C Jimber Lemon Arms & Heart Roimude Revealed|
|S.I.C. Kamen Rider Drive Type Speed Gallery|
|LVUR PB01 Full Action Kamen Rider Ex-Aid Level 1 Gallery|
|S.H. Figuarts Gatack Extender Gallery|
|S.H. Figuarts Kamen Rider Amazon Alpha (Amazon JP Edition) Gallery|
|S.H. Figuarts Jungraider Gallery|
|More New Posts|
|Kamen Rider Amazons|
|Let's See Some Cool Stuff - Everything Else Edition!|
|How is everyone today?|
|Former Signatures of the Former Titanium Ranger|
|Let's See Some Cool Stuff - Super Sentai/Power Rangers Edition|
|S.H. Figuarts (Toku Related) Thread|
|Kamen Rider Ex-Aid Episode 28- "Overcoming Identities!" Discussion|
|Strongest Mecha in Super Sentai|
|PlayStation (PS1/PSX) Games|
|What are you watching? (Kamen Rider Edition)|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:39 PM.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS